Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Red Stick

Today I am in the capital of Louisiana, Baton Rouge. I am going to an event at my aunt's school called Superhero Day. She has been putting on the program in her classes for many years, but I have never seen the program before today. Baton Rouge is much different than Alexandria and Natchitoches. Last night, we went to eat and needed reservations to get in because the place was so busy. Pretty much every restaurant we passed was packed. I would say the restaurants in Baton Rouge have all benefited from Hurricane Katrina. Also, the roads most definitely have more traffic. Traffic is the main reason that I like where I live. (Also, I will use contractions in today's post to appease certain readers) The traffic here is awful to me even when it's supposedly not bad at all. I can't imagine being in such traffic everyday because I would go crazy waiting all of the time; however, I would like the many restaurants and multiple great stores that this city has to offer. So I guess with every larger city there is a price to pay for the extra conveniences and options. Overall, I like the city, but wouldn't like to live here on a daily basis. Later today I will return to the normal life of bad traffic being a line of ten cars, the options of restaurants going from 300 to 50 and about a five to ten cent difference in gas prices, but I will realize that there are many things I love about the small towns I live in within this much larger place we call Earth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still needs more contractions and another comma in the last sentence. I'll let you figure that one out! hahahaha!